"nothing very interesting happens in well-lighted places."

absent

It's hard to imagine it's been about six weeks since my last posting. That's a long time, I suppose. In elementary school, that was the length of every grading period, so of course it felt like an eternity. These days, though, it feels like the blink of the eye or flick of the wrist.

No, I wasn't on strike. I do fear, though, that I may have lost what little readership I had. The holidays cause even the most finely-oiled routine to unravel, and combined with a hectic work schedule, I've become harried, anxious, and with little time to muse on life's quirks (bummer).
But, I'm going to try harder. And, as a peace offering, here's a picture of a Showgirls-inspired gingerbread lady I decorated over Christmas. She stood at the center of a platter of cookies, as if popping out of a cake. My grandmother said that she was quite adorable.

No comments: