"nothing very interesting happens in well-lighted places."

112 things - part 1

My friend Emily has a list of 112 about her on her blog (linked on the right). It's a "on a need to know basis" list of random facts, likes and dislikes. It's cute and witty, so I'm giving it a try. 112 is a lot, so I'm splitting it up. Also, in one swoop the self-indulgence would be overwhelming. Check back for more (of me).

1. I wanted to walk out of Eastern Promises after the first twenty minutes. I knew the naked Viggo fight scene was coming, so I waited for it, basked, then left.
2. As a kid, I briefly collected baseball cards. The most valuable was a Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card. I hid it in a Boxcar Children book (so nobody would find it and steal it, of course), and have never seen it since.
3. I was born in Denver (little known fact). This means I've lived in every state that starts with a "C" (California, Colorado, Connecticut).
4. The first concert I ever went to was in fifth grade. It was Boyz II Men and Mary J. Blige. TLC was supposed to be there, but cancelled. Years later, I learned they were bankrupt at the time (thank you, Behind the Music).
5. When I lived in LA, I lived in a studio apartment above a great and crazy lady's garage. The whole estate was built by a production designer in the 30s. The place had a nautical theme ... there was a porthole above the toilet that was in Mutiny on the Bounty.
6. Currently, my favorite snack foods are pita chips dipped in peanut butter (natural peanut butter, of course) and baby carrots dipped in hummus.
7. Every time I try to eat at the Little Owl (in the W. Village), it's closed.
8. Every time I try to eat at Freeman's (on the LES), it's a two-hour wait.

No comments: