"nothing very interesting happens in well-lighted places."

112 things - part 2

9. In first grade, I won my class' award for best speller, despite being (then, now and probably always), a lousy speller.
10. My favorite short story is Flannery O'Conner's A Good Man is Hard to Find.
11. I haven't eaten beef since high school.
12. I will never hang out in Murray Hill.
13. The last time I wore a baseball cap was fly-fishing in a glacial lake last summer. Before that, eighth grade.
14. When I was a lifeguard in high school, I dyed my hair using Sun-in. Yes, it was as bad as it sounds.
15. My first Halloween costume? I was in pre-school, we lived in Houston, my brothers had just been born, and I wore a bat costume that my grandmother sewed for me.
16. My best Halloween costume? In college I dressed as a UN Weapons Inspector (white boxer briefs, an orange mesh vest, a hardhat) and spent the night looking for WMDs. I didn't find any. Just like the real thing.

No comments: