"nothing very interesting happens in well-lighted places."

getting back

There's nothing like getting back. Paris was wonderful, but as much as I enjoyed the city, I couldn't help but be thankful that New York is home.
This is the spot for me right now. And the impending Park Slope move can only make it better.
And why Park Slope? There are reasons all around. I've been sure of it for a while, but tonight can only confirm it. Tonight was an evening of storied, typical East Village spots. That means lost eye contact, required over-consumption, the loss of friends to the crowd, and the nagging desire to just go home and either listen to music or watch great 80s movies alone. 
I ended up cutting out earlier than everyone I went out with, using jet lag as a convenient excuse. Jet lag is officially the best excuse for everything, if only it would work for all circumstances, all the time.

No comments: