"nothing very interesting happens in well-lighted places."

air france

I'm finally home, after a mind-numbing line at customs and a much-delayed, over-crowded train from Newark. 
Again, musings and pictures from the trip to come all week. Right now, I'm off to happy hour (it's still vacation, I think, officially).
For now, my five reasons why we should all fly Air France as much as possible:
1. Sweet old French women at the window seat next to you who make sure the stewardess brings your red wine and baguette.
2. Free booze. And they don't judge when you ask for another round.
3. Movie choices that include past Cannes Film Festival favorites (meaning today I got to watch My Blueberry Nights, which is in theaters now, and The Piano, an all-time fave).
4. A camera on the nose of the plane that shows you take-off and landing from a cockpit POV. More of a gimmick, really, and actually pretty scary when facing the runway. OK. Maybe this isn't such a good reason. Next!
5. They let you board when you want. None of this "rows 34 and above" nonsense. You get on when you want to get on. How civilized.

No comments: