"nothing very interesting happens in well-lighted places."

charles de gaulle

It's a transit day and I'm sitting in Charles De Gaulle, waiting for my flight back to New York. I'm listening to Thurston Moore, and just bought an English-language paperback of Joshua Ferris' And Then We Came to the End, which a friend had lent to me, but, alas, I left it at home. With any luck I'll blow through it, as I did with Jonathan Lethem's You Don't Love Me Yet on the way over. It's a breezy look at hipster band members in LA's Echo Park. It's sweet, inviting and has killer dialogue, so highly recommended.

It was a great trip, and in the days to come I'll surely post a number of pictures. Let's just say I've had my annual quota of duck, nuttela, wine, brie, baguettes and Ann's creme and chive mushroom dip. I haven't eaten today, but I'm full ... you must know how that feels at the end of a trip.

No comments: