"nothing very interesting happens in well-lighted places."

song of the day - nostalgia edition

My Bloody Valentine “Blown a Wish”

Because I talk about them all the time, I thought I would post my favorite song from my favorite band. For me, it’s a deeply nostalgic dreamscape – driving in college with the top down, drinking at coffee shops that no longer exist, now-cringeworthy vintage clothing decisions, sloppy dorm room hookups etc. I've been in Austin this week for work, so I guess that's meant meandering through a lot of old Texas memories. The short hand -- I want to move back.

I included a snippet of lyrics – “Midnight wish/Blow me a kiss/I'll blow one to you/Make like this/Try to pretend it's true" -- in a short story I wrote in college, and would be more likely to get a tattoo that says that than anything else (though I think I’ve aged past that foolishness).

No comments: