"nothing very interesting happens in well-lighted places."

song of the day - wednesday

Small Black "Despicable Dogs (Washed Out Remix)"

Great opening bands are one of my favorite things. When I saw No Age at Music Hall of Williamsburg last fall, I wasn't too impressed with the headliner (all noise, no nuance), but openers Soft Circle and Small Black were really great. I knew nothing about either beforehand, so it was a great surprise. Small Black (a pleasantly motley band of locals) has the killer 80s sound that I just can't get enough of. Last year they released both a self-titled EP and the full-length Chains, both of which I highly recommend picking up. This track reinterprets the EP's most appealing track through the eyes of electro artists Washed Out (if you haven't given their EP Life of Leisure a listen, do so now):

No comments: