"nothing very interesting happens in well-lighted places."

we closed the place down

I hate to employ a cliche in my opening line, but New York really is the city that never sleeps. I don't know what it is about this place, or my life here, but I've had more nights that end with the sun coming up than ever before. A few weeks ago it was eating cheese with my roommates after getting home and seeing the dull light blue morning light streaming through the kitchen window. This weekend it was greeting the new day on a roof in the East Village and then crashing on a friend's floor.

Maybe it happens because bars are open so late. They do close eventually, though, as this poor guy found out. If I was locked in a bar in Williamsburg, I would be hella cranky. At least this guy retained a positive attitude.

1 comment:

Write Softly said...

Wow! I just saw the link to my blog that you created. Thanks for the shout-out.